Advance Cairns is the peak independent non-government Advocacy and Economic Development Organisation for Tropical North Queensland (TNQ) which includes the member local governments, of Cairns, Cassowary Coast, Tablelands, Croydon, Douglas, Hinchinbrook, Mareeba, Cook, Yarrabah and Wujal Wujal Aboriginal Shires.
We facilitate connections between private enterprise, industry, community and government agencies to improve the lives of people living within our region.
Advance Cairns operates on a membership based model. Our members represent key stakeholders within our community and business leaders who want to be involved in making a positive contribution to the long-term development and progression of the region. Under this model and as a collective voice, member businesses have the opportunity to actively influence the strategic direction of Advance Cairns and ultimately the future of TNQ.
Creating a self-sustaining, resilient and prosperous Tropical North Queensland community.
Providing wise, a-political and united advocacy that stimulates innovative and strategic initiatives for our regional advancement.
To deliver on our vision, Advance Cairns has four key objective pillars:
- Coordinate the development of key regional infrastructure and policy priorities
- Coordinate & lead a unified, strategic regional advocacy case to all levels of Government based on the regional infrastructure and policy priorities
- Support the retention and growth of existing industry
- Utilise established links with peak industry bodies to attract new industries
- Lead the delivery of a regional investment attraction strategy
- Lead the development of a regional long term action plan
- Develop strategy
- Lead the Tropical North Queensland Regional Economic Plan (TNQREP) as amended from time to time
Members and Organisation
- Operate as an organised, efficient and professional corporate entity
- Provide quality service and outcomes to Advance Cairns’ members
Cairns, QLD 4870 Australia
Cairns QLD 4870 Australia
Fax: +61 (0)7 4031 3994