Advance Cairns is the peak independent non-government Advocacy and Economic Development Organisation for Tropical North Queensland (TNQ).
Advance Cairns operates on a membership based model. Our members are socially responsible businesses which have committed to securing a legacy of prosperity for the region.
Under this model and as a collective voice, member businesses have the opportunity to actively influence the strategic direction of Advance Cairns and ultimately the future of Tropical North Queensland.
To create a self-sustaining, resilient and prosperous Tropical North Queensland community.
To provide wise, a-political and united advocacy that stimulates innovative and strategic initiatives for our regional advancement.
To deliver on our vision, Advance Cairns has four key objective pillars:
Lead the development of regional policy and infrastructure priorities, gain business and community support and advocate for these priorities.
- Coordinate the development of key regional infrastructure and policy priorities
- Coordinate and lead a unified, strategic regional advocacy case to all levels of Government based on the regional infrastructure and policy priorities
Facilitate economic development by supporting industry retention, growth and attraction, trade development and investment attraction.
- Support the retention and growth of existing industry
- Utilise established links with peak industry bodies to attract new industries
- Lead the delivery of a regional investment attraction strategy
Facilitate the development of a regional vision, long term strategy for economic development, and a tactical action plan.
- Lead the development of a long term regional action plan
- Develop strategy
- Lead the Tropical North Queensland Regional Economic Plan (TNQREP) as amended from time to time
Members and Organisation
Maintain organisational capability and governance arrangements to deliver on business requirements, and provide quality service and outcomes to Advance Cairns members.
- Operate as an organised, efficient and professional corporate entity
- Provide quality service and outcomes to Advance Cairns’ members
P.O. Box 3065
Cairns, QLD 4870 Australia
New office location
4/16 Minnie Street, Cairns, QLD, 4870, Australia
Phone: +61 (0)7 4080 2900