Advance Cairns advocates for policies and projects that we believe will improve the economic strength and diversity of the TNQ Region.
Through research, knowledge sharing, collaboration and advocacy, our influence can be seen in a variety of initiatives that have positively shaped the region.
Recent highlight achievements include:
- Significantly strengthening the regional advocacy strategies and capacities through the establishment of the infrastructure and policy priorities for the Tropical North Queensland Region.
- Four Advance Cairns members (three Board members) on the Prime Minister’s Northern Australia Advisory Group.
- Successful advocacy to obtain Government commitment to complete the sealing of the Hann Highway and undertake feasibility studies of the development of Nullinga Dam as part of the Northern Australia White Paper.
- Inclusion of Nullinga Dam on the key water infrastructure priority list and Northern Australia White Paper.
- Established the Northern Australia Alliance to bring Economic Development organisations across Northern Australia together.
- Completed industry audits for the Construction, Resources and Agriculture Sectors.
- Developed key employment strategies paper.
- Advance Cairns supported the successful tender of the Primary Healthcare Network.
- Successfully advocated for the headquartering of the $5B Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility in Cairns.
- Achieved ongoing funding commitment for the region’s marine and defence industry.
P.O. Box 3065
Cairns, QLD 4870 Australia
New office location
4/16 Minnie Street, Cairns, QLD, 4870, Australia
Phone: +61 (0)7 4080 2900